Friday, August 30, 2024

Temple

Welcome back loyal reader(s)! Another season of the steamroller is upon us and that can only mean that Sooners football is set to kickoff once again. The Sooners have three unprecedented factors going into this one, it’s the first ever Friday night game for the Sooners, it’s the inaugural game of the first season in the SEC and it’s the first Sooners game I’ll have missed watching in 20 years (well, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad —Meatloaf).


The Temple Owls come to town fresh off three years of being complete trash. The Sooners begin the year with former all-world recruit Jackson Arnold at the helm of the offense. The defense looks as though it has a glimmer of a chance of possibly not being total shit (a glowing review!). These are indeed exciting times. The schedule is daunting and dare I say it is a make or break year for Brent Venables. Let’s enjoy this season of Sooners football friends. On to the picks!

Offense

This unit gives me some anxiety as the offensive line is all new players (didn’t fact check that whatsoever but I think it’s close to true at minimum) and obviously everything starts there. But against temple I think they should be able to get tuned up and hopefully develop some cohesiveness prior to conference play. And while I’m a big fan of Javontae Barns and Gavin Sawchuck, I’m going with our man Jackson Arnold today. I think he played very well and gets Sooner Nation feeling all funny “down there”.

Defense

Absent of doing more research and finding other viable options, I'm going with Danny Stutsman here. Frankly, even if I cared to take the time to find out more about matchups, schemes etc., I would still go with Stutsman. Dude is unbelievable and our best defender, end of story.

Score

As I mentioned earlier, Temple sucks, or at least they have in recent years. I'm not sure a road tilt in Norman is their "get right" game. I like the Sooners big in this one 55-10.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner 

No comments:

Post a Comment