Saturday, October 10, 2026

texas

 Buckle up Sooner nation, this one could get ugly in a hurry. Two weeks after getting our pubes shaved off and fed to us at the 50 yard line by Georgia, we face texas who happen to be ranked higher than said pube feeders. It has been a long time since this game looked so lopsided on paper. At least with us being the bitch bois to the top ranked horns. I'm probably just flexing my old man brain (read: forgetting several obvious things) but my mind goes back to the fall of 1996 when mitch and I were just fresh faced pups at OU enduring a rather intense pledgeship and fully into our beloved Sooners even though they really stunk. We made the trip down to Dallas and with no money and a mouthful of braces admirably fending off any female advances, I found myself in a hotel room watching our, at that point, winless Sooners taking on Ricky Williams and the top ranked Longhorns. Hopes were low, but we stepped up as those pesky underdog rivals are known to do and ended up winning that game against all odds. 

While I don't expect a repeat of that miracle, my point is that these things can happen. The Sooners have been absolutely atrocious on offense this year. I don't expect that to change, but if they can get some big stops and hang around, stranger things have happened.

Offense

Whew, this is really becoming a demoralizing area to pick. The offense is just so inept in all phases. Mateer is a disaster. He looks completely lost when trying to read a progression, his accuracy sucks and apparently he just fumbles unprovoked now. Anyway, I'll go with the X man, Xavier Robinson for no good reason. 

Defense

I gotta go with my guy Taylor Wein. He's a monster. He's our best defender and we will need everything from him if there is any chance of an upset. 

Score

I have no idea how it can happen. But that's usually how things go when a rivalry game gets weird. I think we hang around and get texas tightened up enough that they make some mistakes. Manning is a great player, but I think he gets a little "chokey" at times when momentum swings away from him. Sooners turn the tables on texas  this year, 24-23. Long live the ghost of James Allen!!

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment