Saturday, September 26, 2026

Georgia

 Hello Sooner fan(s)! Coming off an, ahem, uninspiring win against New Mexico where our Sooners mustered up a staggering 14 points, the crimson and cream go on the road today where the gauntlet begins at UGA. Georgia is one of the best teams in the country, and we are, well, not. Ben Arbuckle's seat is nuclear reactor core at this point. Venables towed the company line in supporting him, blah blah blah, but I'll be surprised if Arbuckle is our OC at the end of this season. The defense has been good enough, no question, but they can't do it alone. If only we could combine our teams from 2015-2021 or so, we'd have an undefeated team and a winless team. Alas...


Offense

I'll be surprised if we score 10 points on offense today. We just execute poorly designed plays shittily, it's a bad combo. But, I have to pick someone and that someone is Rocky Beers, for no real reason. 

Defense

The defense is going to need to make some huge plays to prevent this game from being a laugher. The front is where it starts but the secondary needs to get a pick or two and my man to get one today is Courtland Guillory. I think he makes a pick and some key pass breakups today.

Score

Last I looked, the line is -13.5 for Georgia. That is both embarrasingly long for a conference game between two supposedly good programs and also shockingly low for a Sooners team that couldn't score against New Mexico. The only way we hang around with a shot in this thing is defense and special teams scores. I'll borrow Mitchy's glasses today and say we get it done in the upsettiest upset that ever upsetted, Sooners win this thing 17-14. 

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment