One week (and a day) after dispatching UTEP in expected fashion, the Sooners travel to Ann Arbor to face the Michigan Wolverines in one of college football's most storied venues. Coming in to the season, this looked like a massive non-conference road game. While that still holds true, Michigan's miracle (questionable?) win over lowly Western Michigan (gasp, a directional school--hat tip Tory Jay) has sent the Wolverines out of the top 25 and provided far more questions than answers. This week should offer a few more, and hopefully the answer is that we kicked their ass. The Sooners D was looking vicious last week against an overmatched UTEP team. They need to bring that heat again and dominate a good, if underperforming Michigan club that finds itself with an all-world recruit QB on a very short leash.
Offense
This game should provide a much bigger test for the offense. The Michigan D played well, as expected, last week. They sport a significant upgrade in talent at all 3 levels than the Sooners faced last week. In big road games, it's the stars that have to step up and make plays. I think John Mateer does that both with his arm and with his legs in this one. I like the QB for OPG this week.
Defense
Bryce Underwood struggled mightily last week after a promising opening possession. The Sooners D is solid and the front is not to be fucked with. I think they get after the young QB early and often. I like Taylor Wein this week to get off for a couple of sacks and generally wreak havoc. Don't be surprised if we learn a bit about the Michigan back up in the second half (or more) of this one.
Score
Michigan did not look great, to say the least, last week. But this is that point in the season where things are still shaking out. But, OU has a defense I believe in and even though the offense is still a question mark in my mind I think they get it done on the road. Spread is -4.5 for OU as of this posting, I think we ride the defense to cover city, Sooners win 27-13. Let’s get it.
Boomer to the Motherfuckin’ Sooner
No comments:
Post a Comment