Saturday, September 24, 2011

OU vs. The Mizz

When the schedules were released this game looked like a marquee matchup. Sure, former Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert left school a year too early to go to the NFL but, like all recruits, Gabbert's replacement is even better than Gabbert (who was the greatest of all times!).

Today, thanks in large part to a pedestrian victory over Miami (OH) and a loss to the only other D-1 team they've faced, Mizzou finds themselves nearly 30 point 'dogs. The GameDay crew didn't even bother with a score prediction. That's how little anyone cares for Mizzou's chances. As an aside, it's this college football irrelevency which inexplicably has given Mizzou reason to believe it belongs in the SEC.

Meanwhile, our Sooners, by virtue of a hard fought victory over a top five ranked Florida State squad on national television, has earned it's 30-point favorite status. Today they return to Owen Field where, lest we forget, the Sooners don't lose and where they shall be greeted as conquering heroes.

Oh, throw in the fact that the Mizz beat OU last year and revenge will be on the mind. Motivation plus confidence plus home field advantage equals an ass beat. It's true.

OFFENSE

Kenny Fuckin Shitbag Stills really pulled the Sooners ass out of the fire last week. Whilst doing it, he established himself as a bonafide threat and more than Robin to Ryan Broyles Batman. Trey Franks has also run afoul of some team rules and finds himself in street clothes today. I think this all means big things for Kenny. I mean, he's pretty much a badass. So I'm picking him.

In other offensive news I'm looking forward to Lonnie settling down (again) and the O-Line dominating consistently.

Also, my big question is will Roy Finch touch the football? Does it matter?

DEFENSE

Last week the Sooner D was vicious. I can't remember hitting like that since Mike Stoops was here. I shat my trousers when I saw Old Steady on the field.

This is a good time to mention that I was way off on who would sport the #12. My source said it would be Tony Jefferson. Full confession: My source was my grundle. I also thought Old Steady would wear 12 when he came back. So of course Frank Alexander wore it.

Today the key is stopping the run. Mizzou has some kid that averages 38 yards per carry. We can't let that happen.

I'm excited to see which Javon Harris shows up. On that note, I'm picking him as my defensive POG.

THE SCORE

I think Mizzou is a fraud. I'm wary about a possible letdown from the Sooners after an emotional victory. I'm hopeful the home crowd elevates the Sooners to greater emotional heights.

OU 42 Mizzou 17

My PBR's been cracked. Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment