Saturday, November 21, 2020

Bedlam

 Big game on the docket today in the form of the rivalry matchup known as Bedlam. OU takes on the Oklahoma State Cowboys in Norman today and it is a significant contest in the conference standings. Atypically, OU is looking up at OSU (18 and 14 respectively) and is the team looking for the upset. The Sooners have looked much better of late but this is easily their biggest test of the season.

Offense

Spencer Rattler got banged up a bit his last time out, but as far as I can tell he's a full go for this one. Which, most probably means he's out for the game. That's what I bring to the table. I think OU will once again needs its offense to be its best defense against an OSU team that I see little chance of stopping. With that in mind I'm doubling down on Rhamondre Stevenson in this one. The man has been a menace to opposing defenses since his return from his little wrist slap for crumblin' herb, so to speak. I think he beats up a solid OSU defense as the Sooners play a little ball control offense and keep their own worst enemy off of the field.

Defense

As you may have ascertained from OPG paragraph, I still don't have a ton of faith in this defense. I will admit they have looked improved the last couple of games. And, they've plenty of time to get ready for this one. That said, I'm not picking a DPG again this week. If they surprise me by looking competent tonight, we'll talk next week.

Score

In spite of the rankings, OU is giving 7 in this one (last I saw). I think it will be a tough game for sure and probably lower scoring than the experts think. I'm taking the under here and OU fails to cover in a  27-24 win. 

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment