Saturday, November 7, 2020

Kansas

 Good afternoon sports fans. The Sooners spend this fine (in New Orleans anyway) fall Saturday morning in the friendly confines of Owen Field. The Jayhawks of Kansas make a trip to town to (in all likelihood) get the living shit kicked out of them. I know absolutely nothing about KU except that they stink and have yet to win a game. The spread is 38.5 and OU is coming off probably their best win of the season. Which came on the heels of the previous best effort, hopefully this is a trend and the Sooners continue to improve. It's likely too late to make a run to the playoff as two losses (to mediocre opponents) is probably too much to overcome, but the conference title could still be had. Let's get down to business...

Offense

I was knee deep in wine and cocktails last Saturday night and watched almost none of the game as we were safely celebrating halloween on our porch. But, from what it looked like, Rhamondre Stevenson was just the tonic. He seemed to have his way with the Red Raider defense, while Spencer Rattler continued to (hopefully) come into his own. Marvin Mims looks like the next big deal at WR for OU as well. There are plenty of nice pieces to choose from but I'm going with Stevenson again this week. I think he's fresh, and he's fired up coming off of a huge game. 

Defense

I am still not ready to anoint anyone here. If they play respectably again today, I will reevaluate next week.

Score

All signs point to an old fashioned assbeat today. I mentioned the spread at 38.5. I think the Sooners win easily but for whatever reason, I don't see them covering. I like OU in this one 45-13.


Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment