Wednesday, December 30, 2020

The Cotton Bowl

 The Sooners snatched victory from the jaws of defeat once again this year, this time in the big 12 Championship. Although, held the crushing jaws of defeat open just long enough for the clock to expire is probably more accurate. The Sooners defense has definitely improved, but building leads and riding the defense like they’re the 2000 Ravens has not been successful for OU this year. Can Riley be content to take the defensive stops where he gets them and still try to score 50? Please? It’s still a win if you don’t leave a melted M&M in the seat of every Sooner fans jockey’s. 

Florida play a de facto away game in this one due to proximity to Norman as well as the many Sooner faithful in Dallas. However I think the limited capacity will more or less mitigate that. Also, the Sooners seemingly caught a break when all-world TE Kyle Pitts sitting out to prepare for the draft. They still have weapons, and the Sooner D still hasn’t fully convinced me. I think this one will be close. 

Offense

I’ve been fully on board the Rhamondre train and he’s done nothing but deliver so far. I think he’ll be a key in this one. As always Rattler will need to take what is there and not turn the ball over. I think the passing game will be key and I think (hope) Lincoln elects to not take his foot of the gas and aaa result I like Marvin Mims as my OPG in this one. I think this his national name recognition moment. 

Defense

Why break precedent? Step up in this one, and we’ll talk next fall. 

Score

Florida can score and Dan Mullen may be an ass but he knows how to coach a football team.  The Sooners really have their work cut out for them with a young QB and shaky defense. I think they step up enough on defense, Rattler lets the game come to him, Brkic gets his head out of his ass and the Sooners do enough, 33-31. 

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment