Saturday, September 11, 2021

Oklahoma Sooners versus Western Carolina Catamounts

Hello Sooner fans and welcome to week 2 where the Sooners find themselves 1-0. As I write this, Ohio State has lost to Oregon. So, while the win against Tulane was an underwhelming and lackluster performance from the Sooners, I'd still rather be 1-0. Nobody will remember that close contest in three weeks.

Speaking of uninspired, how about that Western Carolina matchup. The Catamounts are 50 point underdogs and so help me if the Sooners don't beat it. 

OFFENSE


The Sooner offense comes into this one needing to find a rhythm and the offensive line has to take a sizeable step forward, double post-haste. Apparently Center Andrew Raym only played a handful of snaps last week and is getting the start today. Hopefully that will help the running game which I would love to see move the ball at will. 

Spencer Rattler needs to put up something gaudy today to keep himself on track. I'd love to see some fire out of him. Sometimes he seems bored or nonchalant and he's the guy who can keep the offense playing with an edge. Gabe Brkic being the Big 12 player of the week is like a Willy Mays Hays basket catch. 

Kennedy Brooks is my OPOG. Keep him healthy today and sit him after he gets his 150 in three quarters. The objective of this one needs to be getting the line some confidence and KB's sea legs fully underneath him. My backup choice for OPOG would be Marvin Mims who could easily go for 200 receiving yards himself. 

DEFENSE

I've attempted to rewatch the Tulane game and the D didn't seem that bad in the first half. It seems like the whole team took the second half off along with Sooner nation. These gentlemen need to play 60 and be able to get off the field on third and medium-long and fourth down. 

Today is a chance to play a shit ton of people and start figuring out who wants to be out there early and often. For my DPOG I'll go Isiah Thomas. He stood out to me last week and I'm riding the hot hand. 

THE SCORE

If the Sooners can feign interest for 60 minutes today they should be able to win 63-10. The worst nightmare would be injuries and/or a rash of penalties. This is nothing more than a tuneup and should be treated as such. I think they can turn last week into a positive because Lord knows they couldn't walk away from that without having plenty to improve upon. Let's see it today. TCB and be crisp.


Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment