Thursday, December 28, 2023

Arizona

 Tonight our Sooners play the most prestigious of bowl games, the historically proud and significant Alamo bowl! At least it isn't the Beef O'Brady's bowl which is worse in name and absolutely no different in significance. If you can't tell, I'm not remotely excited by this game. I love tradition and pageantry as much as anyone, and it is one of the things I really love about college football. So my conundrum with that perspective is that I really do not care about any Bowl games that aren't the playoff. And that includes OU bowl games. I guess I'm a bit of a spoiled bitch in that if this were OU's first bowl game after a decade of losing seasons, I might pay attention. But as it stands, this is a formality where many stars will sit out and the stadium will be half full if they're lucky.


Offense

I don't really know who all is playing, but I assume Jackson Arnold will be and I am going to pick him. This is as much hope-based as anything else, but I want to see the young buck gain some confidence going into next season.

Defense

One unexpected, and great, piece of news this fall was that our man Danny Stutsman is coming back next year. He's a stud and he's continuing his run as my DPG.

Score

I know nothing about Arizona other than their ranking and records are similar to ours. So it seems this might be a good matchup. I like our Sooners to score the upset (Zona is -2.5) and win this 30-24.

One last time for 2023: Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment