Thursday, December 28, 2023

Oklahoma Sooners vs. Arizona Wildcats

 Hello Sooner fans and welcome to the final installment of the 2023 Sooners football season. One cannot deny improvement, but this campaign still has a lot of "what might have beens". 

Today we turn the page. The future, Jackson Arnold, takes the reins of the now Seth Littrel Sooner offense. What schemes carry over or new schemes might we see?

OFFENSE

I'm excited to watch Jackson Arnold and I wish there was some reveal of what is to come next year. However, the O Line is decimated by graduation and transfer. 

As such I think we some some fairly simplistic run schemes for Gavin Sawchuk and Jackson Arnold. I also anticipate an uptick in down field shots to Nic Anderson and Jaden Gibson. Drake Stoops and Sawchuk can be the safety blankets. 

The Sooners need to stick to their strengths and keep the ball in playmakers hands. 

For my OPOG I'm going with Jackson Arnold. This is a good stepping stone for him as a player and leader. 

DEFENSE

Danny Stutsman is staying and having him in this one is huge. The D needs to take chances today and he can fix a lot of mistakes. 

He's my DPOG. 

The Sooners win if they win the turnover battle. They've done it all year. 


THE SCORE

I think the Sooners can scrape by with enough points to win in spite of a new O-Line but can the D get off the field. Arizona has been hot and has a lot to prove. 

In the end, I think Jackson Arnold takes advantage of his first real chance and carries the day for the Sooners. 

Sooners 28 Wildcats 17

Boomer to the motherfucking Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment