Saturday, November 6, 2010

A&M

Mitch, excellent work as always. I agree that our prospects of winning on the road have never been as shaky as this season (possibly last season I guess). I of course blame Lonnie, but Mitch is probably more accurate in laying most of the blame on the defense. I however, stand by assertion that Lonnie does in fact need to shoulder a fair percentage of  the blame for our road woes. Never have the Sooners, at least in the Stoops era, had a more predictably Jekyll and Hyde QB. Hybl is most closest comparison but the difference there was he was just as likely to pee all over the center's ass at home as he was on the road and vice versa. Lonnie can almost assuredly get on the SI Heisman watch list every week after a home game and back right off of it following a road game. Let's hope Mr. Hyde doesn't fully appear today and we get more Jekyll than we're used to seeing out of the lad on the road.

I too am quite nervous about this game. Then again, I'm nervous before every game but our penchant for sitting on the visitors sideline and feverishly tugging our semi-firm chubbies to no avail has me worried we will similarly embarrass ourselves today. This certainly isn't the trap game that Missouri was but then again, A&M has beaten us more than once since the Eisenhower administration and as such will be far less likely piss all over themselves if they beat us.

I think we do enough today, I always think we will do enough to win. I agree with Mitch that we are poised for a patented run of good defense to be capped with a bowl (get it? like a bowl game? zing!) of diarrhea (fun word to type by the way, try it, diarrhea).  A&M is rejuvenated and their switch at QB seems to have paid dividends early. Although it might be addition by subtraction. In any event, our D will need to play much better than we have been on the road to win today.  On to the picks and small item of house keeping.


Semi-Related Side Note

I feel obligated to explain the moniker fuckin shitbag for Kenny Stills. Details are hazy but the story I heard was that in pregaming the Iowa State via telephone (as we do weekly) I suggested that Kenny Stills have a nickname of fuckin shitbag. Many laughs were had and that sealed it. I had consumed somewhere between 1 and 26 beers and as a result remember 0% of this conversation. However, upon hearing the retelling I found it quite hilarious so it's likely that I did the same during its conception. However, rest assured that we hold Stills in the highest regard and have "nothin but love" for him, as the kids say. It is the most endearing use of fuckin shitbag imaginable. In all likelyhood this paragraph was written in vain as it is predicated on the assumption that someone apart from the two of us reads this waste of bandwidth.

Offense

I cannot, out of respect to myself, pick Lonnie here. He has been mediocre at his peak on the road, and the offensive equivalent of a gas-rag at his lowest. This makes it difficult to pick Broyles also, as he is notably handicapped by his dependance on Lonnie to get the ball. As a result I'm going with someone from the backfield, and while I do agree that I think DeMarco will be a manchild back there today, I'm going with Roy Finch. I sure love to watch him play, he has honestly made me say wow on more than one occasion. His open field running speaks for itself, but his ability to break tackles inside is something to behold and quite unexpected out of someone of his stature. 

Defense

Mitch's post now makes two straight weeks that one of us has reluctantly gone with our MF pick as DPG (Defensive Player of the Game, not Disrespectful Pounding of the Gash). Also, to be clear, I didn't mean to imply there is better pick on defense for MF just that he isn't as spectacular as our picks normally are (e.g. Roy Motherfuckin Williams, Tommie Motherfuckin Harris, Gerald Motherfuckin McCoy etc.). I honestly don't have a feeling on this one, I'd love for Mitch to be right.  I think I'm going with Jeremy Beal for the hell of it. A couple of sacks would be nice, particularly if we don't have to bring 12 men to do it. 

I think we put up more points than 28, I'll say 38, but I also think we give up more than 14. I'll say 24. We take it, on the road no less, 38-24.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment