Thursday, December 29, 2011

Iowa

Well, this is for another season of The Steamroller, my last post of the year and sadly the means both football and calendar. One great thing about the game tomorrow is how I spent many a winter night dreaming of catching the winning touchdown in the Insight Bowl. Disgusting. Yes, I'm spoiled a bitch, but I'm not terribly excited for this game tomorrow. I have to say, I think without a doubt this is by far the most underachieving team of the Stoops era. Is this how the curve will go? Extreme overachieving at the beginning, meeting expectations for a few years, followed by decline into underachieving teams? I don't know what follows that and I don't want to, but it appears we've been headed this way for a couple of years. I digress, on to Iowa.

I know, predictably, absolutely nothing about Iowa. I know our coach played there. Does that fact even matter to anyone besides Berry Trammel et al? Anyway, with that hard hitting knowledge fresh on your pallet I haven't the slightest idea what will happen tomorrow. I do know that if they've even read books on the forward pass, we're probably in trouble. Can you tell this season disgusts me?

I suppose we've been getting ready, and since hardly anyone will be watching this game my guess is we'll play pretty well. Nobody burns brighter than Stoops and Venables when the spotlight is off. What I'm really hoping, in fact what I think the most positive possible outcome of this game is, is that Lonnie plays extremely well. So well in fact that that the Mel Kiper Jr.'s of the world, convince him that he's a lock first round pick. Nothing could bode more favorably for next season than Lonnie leaving (with the possible exception of Venables being replaced by Mike Stoops). Addition by subtraction at it's absolute purest. Enough hating, I hope we win and I we hope we do it convincingly. On to the picks

Offense

No bullshitting here, I'm going with Finch. The WR corps is depleted, hell the whole team is depleted, and Fuckin' Shitbag doesn't seem interested in stepping up to be the next WR stud. Brandon Williams is out of the picture, and frankly Finch has played well since seeing his touches increase. I think he goes for 70 on the ground, 60 receiving and 2 TD's. Big day for Roy.

Defense

I don't really even know who's playing over here, I think I saw Ronnell is ineligible for grades (mailed it in anticipating the draft I'm guessing), and probably others. I'm going with Tony Motherfuckin' Jefferson. It's his last game of the year of being Tony Motherfuckin' Jefferson, and possibly his last game of it ever (stayed tuned next fall!). I think he rises to the occasion. I sure hope he does, we need him.

Score

As I said before, I know nothing about Iowa and therefore have no decent idea of what will happen. I'm hoping we can outscore them as we haven't stopped many people. I think we do it with the pressure of hundreds watching, 38-35. Let's hope we can do this last one of the year right, let's beat these motherfuckers.


Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment