Thursday, August 30, 2012

More Steamers

Most likely to wish his jock had a full back.

I think this might be an obvious one, but Lonnie. Nobody shits themselves more readily in the face of pressure- both literal and figurative. I truly hope this trait is a thing of the past but it's his fourth year starting and, fool me once...

Most simultaneous high fives/head nods/smiles inspired.

Dom Whaley. He's a great story, sure. But moreover he's a fucking hardass. He's got that awesome combination of avoiding tackles but also knowing the right time to sound the truck horn and get 4 extra yards at the expense of a DB. Some backs run around, some run over, but the best know how to and when to do both.

"Celebrity" roaming the sideline who most needs to start buying a ticket again.

Toby Keith.  Mostly because I think he looks like such a douche. Plus I have to explain to anyone I'm watching a game with here who he is and why he's on the sideline. Which is flimsy at best: "Why is he on the sideline?" me: "He's from a town near Norman and he's country music singer." "This gets you sideline access for life?" me: "I guess so" (head shaking).

Game I briefly entertained the idea of attending before I realized I didn't want to end up like Ned Beatty

A lengthy award title to be sure, but apt. West Virginia. I am always hopeful for games that are somewhat near NYC to attend (read: rare). I thought Morgantown might be an option but realized that I'd probably wind up in a shed with a car battery attached to my nipples and some 70 year old man licking my cheek.

I think that's about it for this year's Steamers. Mitch covered the high points which is really the MF award at this point since Old Steady is still TBD. Not to oversell it, but Tony winning it twice is huge and we both think he's going to have a really awesome year.

I'm so fucking pumped for football it's not even funny, and I'm glad that the next posts will be about actual games. On a small side note, our next post will be number 100. Hard to believe, but also somewhat sad since it's taken us 3 seasons to get here. Anyway, let's get to some real game action now and hopefully make a run this year.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner.




No comments:

Post a Comment