Saturday, October 5, 2013

OU vs. TCU

The Texas Christian University Horned Frogs come to Norman thinking upset and for good reason. This game reeks of letdown what with coming off a big win and the Longhorns looming next week.

Speaking of big wins, most of the world figured the Sooners would be 3-1 by now. But no, bitches. A thumping of Notre Dame has the crimson colored glasses in full effect. At the quarter pole, the Sooners find themselves in contention. Better still, they're already playing the nobody believed in us card, a key emotional intangible for long-term success.

OFFENSE

I officially have a Bellboner for the Belldozer. He's a gamer. My favorite thing about what he brings to the offense is that he has more than two brain cells. It appears that the days of looking to the sideline for the pre-snap read are over. Some semblance of a hurry up is back in play. He's making good reads and of course he can run if plays break down. I'm fired up for the Blake Bell era. Related Note: The looking to the sideline routine of yesteryear lends credence to my pet theory that Landry Jones is not smart.

It didn't hurt either that the line was awesome last week. Bell could have had a pack of Pall Mall's rolled up in his jersey sleeve because he had time to smoke in the pocket on some of his passes.

Today, let's shoot for "more of same". The TCU defense is dinged up. Their best player is out. I'd like to see some better effort in play calling on 3rd down and in the red zone. Other than that let's keep on trucking.

I suppose I'll go with Sterling Sheperd here. He's starting to stick out as guy who's ready to make the leap.

DEFENSE

By all accounts, the TCU offense is pretty pathetic. A 30 point outburst against SMU isn't particularly scary. The Sooner D is much improved and actually pretty hard at this point. The big plays they gave up against Notre Dame were embarrassing at first glance but Notre Dame executed really well. The D more than made up for it with big plays of their own so their confidence is justifiably sky high.

The Linebackers in particular have shown up. I'm assuming they are more effective because the D-Line is getting some good push. I don't care what the reason is, it's awesome.

For my DPOG I'm going Julian Wilson. No gut feelings or anything here I just like his game. He's got a nose for the ball as they say and seems to be heavily involved when good things happen.

SCORE

Well, believe it or not I like our chances here and I don't think a letdown is in play. The Sooners have plenty still to work on and need this week to button these weaknesses up before another emotional game next week. Mentally, I think this team is stronger than year's past. There's an edge to them that is oh so nice to see again.

I like the Sooners here 31 - 7. Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment