Saturday, October 26, 2013

OU vs. Texas Tech

I had no idea before the season started that this would be a game I'd be skeered of. It was an afterthought, an assumption. But I'm a little nervous about a potential butt whoopin. It's not even that I think Texas Tech is even as good as their number 10 ranking. I think the Sooners are just that bad. Texas Tech has played nobody and that's the best news. The worst news is doesn't matter because Klifford K. Kingsbury and co. probably think mighty high of themselves and this is a showcase game for them.

It raises my favorite question to ask year after year. Can the Sooners match the intensity of an opponent not named Texas or Oklahoma State? They better.

OFFENSE

Josh Heupel had some unused razzle dazzle from the texas game that he showed off last week and the result was LaColtan Bester throwing the best ball of anyone this whole season. I kid but it was a nice ball and why the fuck was a handoff to Trey Millard the Sooners most exotic wrinkle against Texas?

Anyways there's always today. This game is right in our wheelhouse offensively. We have to control the game clock and plod along and keep those Red Raiders off the football field. That means we gotta run around em and through em and over em.

This could be another game to highlight the wunderkind Keith Ford but he fumbled last week so he'll probably sit the rest of the year, be out with a leg and ask for a medical redshirt. So I'm going Brennan Clay today. The old war horse is ready for action.

DEFENSE

This is where I'm scared shitless. It's not that the Sooners are inept, it's that they're decimated and apparently have no depth. Things could get real ugly here. The saving grace is that Texas Tech, unlike OU, likes the forward pass and stopping that is what our defense does best.

That said if we don't have our head on straight this Texas Tech team could score more points than our offense could in a wet dream. In short, we need to bring it.

Having said all that you'd think I'd go defensive back here but nah. I'm going Ass Tapper. He's going to get some good rushes on the quarterback today.

THE SCORE

Oh boy. We really have to play well on D today. Flawless. I still think they'll score 21 so I'm going 27-21 in a "As close as the score would indicate" type of game.

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment