Friday, October 4, 2013

The God-Fearing Christians of Texas

The Sooners snap chin-strap to helmet once again this week but I fear they stand little chance. You see, these boys are good Christians that wear the black and purple. They grew up in homes where daddy and mama saw to it they were buttoned down in their Sunday best every week, shoulder to shoulder in the first pew. Hymns erupting forth from their throats, tears flowing etc. This devout unwavering faith carried over to the sports field in the form of dedicated head bowing before the game, crosses drawn on wrist tape with markers, and even circles formed with opposing foes after the dust settled. Yes these boys hold themselves to a standard most can only pray hard upon, yet never reach. You see that's faith and fellowship taken to the point of choosing a higher education, from a higher power if you will. They've taken their first steps out of the home into the wide, open-armed welcoming and unabashed acceptance of all races, credos, and beliefs that can only be found in a good Christian university. We're simply football players, they're soldiers of little baby Jesus hisself. We will be better served relenting and repenting tomorrow. The game is a formality, the real quest is a place in heaven. Amen.

Offense

This tilt against the horned frogs has all of the classic makings of a letdown game. Our huge road win last week has our boys riding mighty high (yet not "on high"). Hopefully the 'Dozer set down the Mountain Dew's last evening and went for some water so we can get four quarters out of him. I don't know a ton (read: anything) about TCU, but typically they play solid defense. The ground game has been strong for us this year and I think tomorrow is more of the same. I like Damien Williams as a change up of sorts this week. I think he's the bell cow with 100+ and a touch. 

Defense

It's been a surprisingly enjoyably year to watch our D. We've played well at all 3 levels. I've particularly enjoyed the play of our LB's. That said I'm going secondary this week. I'm really liking Aaron Motherfuckin Colvin today. He is, after all, the Motherfucker on this team. He's been quiet as he's been avoided, but I think he makes some noise today.

Score

It should be a good game. I'm nervous as I think we may be overlooking them. It's a classic sandwich game with UT next weekend. However, I think we're talented enough to win one ugly and I think that's what it will take. Sooners grind this one out under the lights, 24-17. 

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment