Saturday, October 31, 2015

Kansas

Well, one week after a scathing tear down of the man Bob Stoops, the Sooners went out and proved me wrong winning on the road in Manhattan against normally feisty KState team. I still stand by my comments until things start changing, but no matter what, I always enjoy the Sooners winning and playing good ball.

(side note, apologies for the lack of fresh drivel last week, had some things going on and was preoccupied with my beloved Royals making the World Series for the second time in as many years. Never say never, but I don't intend on missing any more of these)

This week brings us to KU. A team yet to tally a mark on the win side of the ledger. Unlike in some cases, this really isn't misleading. They're bad. The Crimson and Cream should bury their proverbial swords to the hilt, and come away smiling in this one. Lets hope the demons of texas and the tremendous let down there, don't rear their ugly heads.

Offense

Samaje Perine took on KU last year at home, and made Melvin Gordon's reign as single game rushing king, the shortest ever. I suspect KU will try very hard to avoid this happening again. Frankly, it's unlikely to due to the fact that OU has more than one dimension these days. I think today it's all about that other dimension, specifically Sterling Shepard. I think he gets open early and often and hauls in 3 scores on the field, and as many co-eds to his dorm room tonight (boy-yoy-yoy-yoing)

Defense

It seems the defense came to play last as well. Beating a solid Texas Tech squad, or at least containing them as best they could. I think more of the same this week against a more or less helpless Jayhawk club. I like Dominique Alexander again this week. I think he racks up tackles into the teens, and forces a TO. Big day for the talented 'backer with a unisex name.

Score

Sooners roll up to the lovely state of Kansas for the second time in three weeks and come home just as happy. This isn't a site seeing trip to see the house of mud (you see kids...), it's all business. Sooners roll again in the land of wheat, 57-3.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment