Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Un-Steamroller

When I reached out to Mitch a few weeks ago about getting this thing going again his interest was, um, lukewarm. So we shelved it with the idea that we'd go back to our old style of just discussing and not printing our intellectual analysis and rapist wit. So evidently at least one person was disappointed by this turn of events and things are revved up again. But, we've decided to take the gloves off and not make everything sunshine and lollipops. In fact, my personal objective is to approach this with a sort of "prove it" mentality with an assumption of the worst. I'll continue to root like crazy, because I love OU football, but it's getting pretty discouraging. Maybe nothing has changed.

The game last week was one of the more frustrating ones in a while. But, as I've thought more about it, this is the typical shit that drives me crazy every year. Lack of preparation, poor execution and absolutely zero ability to adjust. I'm going to say it, and I mean it, even last year, I don't think Stoops is much of a coach. Yes, they win 8, 9, even 10 games nearly every year. Yes, he's the winningest coach in school history, and yes it's time for a change. I'm not going to rehash it again, because I'm fairly certain I've said it before. But, it's the same shit every year. It's now starting the 17th year without a championship, and nearly a decade since they've played in one. If anyone tells you they're satisfied with that, they're either lying or they don't get Sooner football.

Offense

I will say Perine here. The offensive line is pretty shitty. Mayfield will do his usual things which are great, but he has little besides Mark Andrews (whom they don't use nearly enough, mismatch anyone?) to throw to. ULM will get beat up strictly due to an enormous talent discrepancy. Perine goes over 100 and 2 scores.

Defense

Fuck me. This is like picking which ice pick you want jammed in your urethra. Nobody is worth a pick here. Houston is talented but that shit was embarrassing. No pressure without a blitz (or with one mostly), terrible downfield coverage and no ability stop even the most favorable 3rd down situations. So I'm picking no one. They look like shit.

Score

OU will win. Probably handily, and stoops will have smug comments to anyone who questions him in anyway about shortcomings with the team. Spread is 46, I'm guessing they'll cover. Sooners win a cupcake 55-6.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment