Saturday, November 11, 2017

TCU

Welcome back loyal reader(s), if you thought last week was a butt clincher, prepare to strangle your butthole yet again this week. That O-State was an embarrassment to the concept of defense. Yet, our beloved Sooners prevailed, on the road, in a huge matchup. I can go and pick nits, but a W is still a W and we can move on.

By this point, we pretty well know what this team is, an offensive juggernaut that can and will score in bunches. It is also, sadly, a defensive pants smear that couldn't hold a spicy thai meal from restaurant directly home (sigh). But, in spite of the warts it's still a winning and still in the playoff picture at this point. Today a much tougher opponent come to town. Last week was a battle of strengths, and we simply out-OSU'd OSU. TCU boasts a top flight defense and the always crafty Gary Patterson patrols the sideline. He's the Bill Snyder of the post-Great War era, getting the most out of a marginal roster sprinkled with a few token stars.

Both teams are top 10, the Sooners are calling for mayhem, 2008-Texas Tech style, and need every ounce of energy from the fans and themselves. Suffice it to say OU needs their most complete effort of the season today to come out of this with a W.

Offense

Well, it was obvious from the beginning, Mayfield was the guy. He shattered records last week and absolutely controlled that game from an offensive standpoint. All in all, it was one of the greatest Sooners performances I've ever seen. That said, let us not forget Marquise Brown and the clinic he put on. I texted Mitchy at one point in the game positing he was the yin to Jordan Thomas' yang of putridity (not sure if that is a word).  Bottom line, he's hard. Today though, I'm going RB, and jumping hard on the Rod. Rod Anderson that is, he goes off big today.

Defense

Again, this is a joke. No matter who I pick they will likely suck. I'm damn sure not going secondary, aka where WR's go to get drafted. I will throw my dart in the general vicinity of Caleb Kelly today. I have no wit or insight as to why, it's truly random.

Score

The track meet that was Bedlam will likely feel like a distant memory against a very good TCU defense. I hope I'm wrong, but Mayfield will be contained I think. The saving grace may be that TCU also doesn't score enough. I'm nervous, but shading to optimism with a Sooner W, 23-19. Whew, hold on to your fucking hats.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment