Saturday, November 25, 2017

West Virginia

The last game of the regular season is upon us. The mountaineers of West Virginia come to town today to take on our beloved Sooners. A spot in the conference championship game is already secured but eyes are on a bigger prize. I'm writing this without access to the internet which makes for a convenient excuse as to why I've done no research, but let's be honest I wouldn't have anyway. With that in mind, I think there is a chance the WVU QB is out with a finger. This may or may not be accurate, but before we get excited, the last time an unproven backup on an inferior opponent came to town, Iowa state happened. 

As I'm sure everyone knows by now, mayfield will not be a captain or a starter in this one as penance for his Man In the Mirror audition on the KU sidelines last week. I'm hopeful this is little more than a wrist slap and he's back in on the second series. But regardless, the boys need to keep it close. Bad things can happen, just ask Miami, the Sooners just need to keep winning and the playoff prize is in their hands. 

Offense

This unit has been a real treat to watch all season. Without mayfield starting they surely won't be as dynamic, but I think there is enough talent that they can still put up some points. I think they will lean more heavily on the run and as a result I'm going with Rod Anderson today. I think he has a big game, even after mayfield retakes the helm. 

Defense

We might as well accept that this defense sucks dick and can't stop a Hershey squirt. What a futile exercise this pick has become. Winning cures everything but this team has been an abomination to watch on defense. I'm going with Caleb Kelly for no decent reason whatsoever. 

Score

WVU can score, Dana holgerson teams always do. I don't know if their QB is playing or not but does it really matter? I think the sooners will show up today however and the offense will get rolling with mayfield back in. Sooners head into the conference championship with just one loss, 45-31. 


Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

1 comment:

  1. My husband says, “Nate can’t stop a hershey squirt.”

    ReplyDelete