Saturday, October 5, 2019

Oklahoma vs. Kansas

Sorry for the stinkfest 3000 last weekend, fans and loyal readers. In all the hundreds of posts here I've never lost my work until last week. Trust me, I nailed it. My best work and all for naught. I now try to make it up to you.

The Sooners (4-0, 1-0) head to Lawrence to take on the (checks notes) hapless Kansas Jayhawks. Les Miles is back and I'm glad for him and his inability to correctly size a hat.

OFFENSE

Here's something I came up with last week but it got lost in the ether. How lethal would it be if the Sooners ran some old school triple option with Jalen Hurts, Trey Sermon, Kennedy Brooks and even some Jeremiah Hall mixed in? Deadly. You won't see it this week for sure, and possible not at all, but the idea of unleashing it against Texas has me giddy.

First things first and this week it's more of same because Kansas is a turd. I'm picking Jalen because he's playing out of his gourd. Any one is poised for a breakout in a given week and you could throw darts (in a great way) with picking an OPOG but it starts with him.

On that note, this feels like a Trey Sermon bust out. So mark that down.

DEFENSE

We've found Gasrag McGee and his name is Patrick Fields. Alex Grinch said in the preseason that there was a lack of competition at Safety and that Fields and Delarrin Turner-Yell had locked down the spots. In a crimson colored universe this was taken by me to mean they were so clearly ahead that the position was in good hands. Fast forward and Grinch has recruited 5 star wide receiver Trejan Bridges to move over to safety to try and shore up what is proving to be the weak link on D.

Fields sticks out on tape like a sore thumb in this revamped defense. Every time look up he's somewhere trailing the play and taking a bad angle. The good news is that he's the only one who I notice consistently.

Please don't confuse this rant with displeasure for the defense overall. It is night and day so far from the previous three plus years.

Today depends on stopping the run game. Last year the Pookah Williams ran for 250 yards. It's stops today with my DPOG Neville Gallimore wreaking havoc up front. Gallimore has been awesome so far this season.

THE SCORE

This one lacks a lot of intrigue. I'm not buying the Les Miles knows how to shock the Sooners narrative. The spread is 32 and that seems low.

Sooners 63 Jayhawks 14

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment