Saturday, October 26, 2019

K State

I just sat down to write this and the first thing I did was google who the head coach of K State is. Buckle up for a deep dive into the subtle nuances of Kansas State football. In said google search, I did see that K State is currently 4-2, so presumably they're not a total joke. If this club is anything like past years (full disclosure, they absolutely might not be) they'll slow it down, play defense and try win ugly. Before I feed you any more horseshit speculation, let's just wrap it up and move on.

Offense

Last week was a demolition of a WVU team that was hoping for an OU let down. The offense clicked to the tune of 52 points and Hurts eliminated some of the dumb things he did against texas that nearly cost the Sooners a W. I think that same efficiency is on display in the little apple and the offense rolls again. I like CeeDee Lamb to continue his quest to jump into the first round of the NFL draft with at least 2 TD's and over 125 yards receiving.

Defense

This Sooner defense is beginning to border on fun. I truly don't remember the last time they had a decent defense but I feel like it couldn't be any more recently than 2009 or 2010, if that recently. They aren't dominant, but it's amazing what doing little things like tackling will do for you. Turns out (hope you're sitting down) that if you simply make opponents sustain drives and work for yards, they occasionally punt. Today I'm going with a wild card, I like Ronnie Perkins to have a big game and force at least one turnover (which is the one thing the Sooners haven't done much of, they're due).

Score

I think this game will be tougher than it seems on paper. K State isn't ranked, they have no star players to speak of, but they're at home with nothing to lose and you don't win 4 of 6 at their level by not being somewhat decent. I think the Sooners struggle a little bit in this one, but win in it in an uglier-than-it-sounds 44-20 margin.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment