Saturday, September 26, 2020

K State

After a week off, the Sooners resume the tenuous 2020 campaign. Coming off of a demolition of Missouri State that was no surprise (but let’s be honest, in the past there have been plenty of instances where B was not TC’d in similar instances), the Sooners look to keep rolling against a Kansas State club with a ton of inexperienced starters (including, I believe, the entire O Line). Speaking of those starters, they embarrassingly lost to Arkansas State in week 1. If trends continue, it will be a long Saturday afternoon for the Wildcats. Thanks to there being no network willing to show a top 5 team when there were about 6 other games two weeks ago, I have very little in the way of insight. But, getting any good intel from this column has become like having a firm stool after eating Arby’s, just isn’t going to happen. 


Offense


By all accounts Spencer Rattler was as advertised. I believe he played little, if any, of the second half after absolutely torching the pathetic Bears. Also, if you had any doubts about Rattler being selected over Mordecai (injury and game scenario not withstanding), both went 14/17 last week, but one went for 290 yards, 4 TDs and no picks vs 157/1/1. And  while Rattler is probably the safest bet for big numbers, I’m going with Seth McGowan for a big game today. He looked like the next standout Sooners RB and I’m eager to see him get more involved in the passing game as well. 


Defense


I’m hopeful that this is the year the D finally becomes average. And while that wasn’t much of a test two weeks ago, they still put up zeros. Which, as I alluded to earlier, was no given in years past. So, one benchmark made, now just keeping adding to it. No one player lit it up as best I can tell, but I’m going with Brian Asamoah. Mostly I’m hopeful he becomes a meaningful player on that side of the ball. 


Score


K-State no doubt had a wake up call two weeks ago. But, as I mentioned, they are pretty inexperienced. Plus, this is just year two with their new coaching staff and we still don’t really know how that will play out. The spread is just 28, that feels ripe for a little trip to cover city. I think OU fingerblasts the wildcats to the tune of 55-10. 


Boomer to the Motherfuckin’ Sooner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment