Saturday, September 26, 2020

Oklahoma Sooners Versus Kansas State

 

The Sooners are 1-0 and happy to be here frankly. As of this writing, it is unclear whether Kansas State will be able to field a team on account of Covid. Such is the world we live in. The Sooners say they’re ready though and I feel sorry for the Wildcats as the Sooners come off a bye week and a glorified scrimmage against Missouri State. The Sooners looked polished in that one and proved the cupboard is not bare.

Spencer Rattler looked like the real deal as he fired 50 yard lazer beams that looked effortless. Also, standing out was Seth McGowan who physically looks like a leaner Trey Sermon but who has tremendous vision for the hole and speed to get to it and through it quickly [Insert “That’s what she said” joke here].

Let’s pretend this game will happen and that we have any idea what’s going to happen, shall we?

OFFENSE

I think Sooner quarterbacks combined to throw passes to no less than 34 different receivers so I look for that to continue this week as they feel out who can be reliable and the next “big star”. Marcus Mims threw his hat in the ring last week by flipping the field on punt returns (which was nice to see) and by hauling in one of the longer TD passes from (snake strike sound) Rattler.

I want to see more of this Seth guy, though, because he has legit homerun ability. He’s my OPOG today.

DEFENSE

I wish I could say I got some feel for these guys, at all, against the Bears but truth be told this game was over midway through the first quarter and I was in the hot tub already dipping into the bubbly.

Alas, there was a guy, number 24, Brian Asamoah, who seemed to be flying to the ball. He seemed ready for the moment. I’ll ride that pony to my DPOG this week.

THE SCORE

I like the Sooners big here provided the game gets played. Look for Spencer Rattler domination and I’ll predict the D gets two turnovers.

Sooners 49, Kansas State 14

 

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment