Saturday, November 20, 2021

Iowa State

Well, it wouldn't be a fall in Norman if the football Sooners didn't lose a stupid game they shouldn't have. I can't think of a team in recent memory more frustrating than this one. Their ability to play to the level of their opponents is absolutely unparalleled. Frankly, they were lucky to get to 9-0 before they lost one. Tulane should've beaten them week 1. It's been a maddening year, and one where the Sooners don't belong amongst the nations elite teams. 

Offense

I'll say Marvin Mims. My fire for the season took on a lot of water last week and I'm just having a hard time getting pumped up for this one. I hope the offense gets back on track and a good start would be getting the ball in the hands of a playmaker like Mims.

Defense

I'm a believer that coaches need time and a certain amount of leeway in order to get players that fit their systems, to establish their identity as coaches and to implement the strategies that comprise winning football. So I'm not saying Alex Grinch needs to go yet, but that leeway is being consumed at a prodigious rate. 

Score

Iowa State always plays OU very well. They just saw Baylor completely control both sides of the ball. I hope the Sooners might have gotten a wake up call however and can do enough to win today. I think they do, 24-21.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment