Saturday, November 20, 2021

Oklahoma Sooners versus Iowa State Cyclones

 The Sooners luck ran out last week in Waco as the defense's inability to get off the field cost them dearly. I turned it off when the Bears rattled off a 15 yard run on a 3rd and 12. My crimson colored glasses had me believing that so many close games and comebacks portended a story book season where all the breaks go your way. All this time it was just dumb luck.

Anyway, speaking of disappointments, the Iowa State Cyclones come to Norman today. They no doubt saw the film last week and have some ideas on how to further ruin the Sooners hopes and dreams since they have nothing else to play for at this point. 

OFFENSE

Last week the Sooners just couldn't get into any rhythm. Caleb Williams kept looking to go deep and the running game was inconsistent.

This week there has to be some semblance of a plan to get easy throws to the middle of the field. There just have to be opportunities less than 15 yards down the field. There are too many good receivers for CW to have all day and only be looking for bombs. 

I guess I'll go CW today for OPOG although for the first time in ages it's hard to know where a spark will come from on offense.

DEFENSE

Fuck these guys. I'm so tired of watching them be in a position to stop or slow down someone at the line of scrimmage only to whiff and give up chunks of yards. Seriously, at the point of attack all a defender has to do is slow down the ball carrier and wait for help to arrive. Just wait for the cavalry. But no. It's painful to watch.

THE SCORE

I mean I think the Sooners can win but it's going to be another butt clincher. I'm going Sooners 20, Cyclones 17.

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment