Saturday, November 5, 2022

Baylor

Following a one week hiatus I'm back, relax. After a pendulum like start to the season where our Sooners looked equal parts dominant and completely inept, they seem to have settled in to something likely more realistic. Which is to say, they are mediocre. The type of team that will play a bowl game where about half of the seats go unsold. It's a far cry from our usual level of eking out a conference title and then wringing our hands about whether we're going to get into a playoff we have no business being in. I'm not sure which is worse, I suppose the current version. I at least feel far less inspired about my fandom. And with today's game against Baylor relegated to ESPNs subscriber only online network, the national interest is spelled out right there. 

I know nothing about Baylor other than they were initially ranked, as we were, and later proved that was wildly undeserved. I suspect if I knew more about them I would have a much more gloomy outlook on this one than I already do. But, after managing to beat a highly overrated KU team and slightly underrated ISU team I don't really know what to think. A blowout loss would  not surprise me any more than a win. 

Offense

Dylan Gabriel's play has mirrored that of the team in my opinion. At times he looks very capable and others he looks absolutely horrible. But, I will place enough of my faith in him that I will pick Marvin Mims this week. Eric Gray has been a very pleasant surprise this year, and I think he will make some great plays as usual, but I think Mims gets back on track today with a big game. 

Defense

I am not picking a defensive player. They are just so bad in all phases. I will however pick Billy Bowman's neckerchief as daintiest accessory of the game. 

Score

For no particular reason, I will pick OU to win today 31-27. Let's close out this lost season with a nice win streak and play spoiler to some of that teams that have done that to us in the past.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment