Saturday, November 12, 2022

West Virginia

 This Sooners football team simply is not good. If anything the defense is worse than the last few years and the offense most definitely is. Years of watching football has taught me that is not a good recipe for winning football. The really discouraging thing is that there hasn't been any improvement on defense. If anything, they've gotten worse as the season has gone on. I realize these aren't Venables guys, but they were good enough to be recruited by and play for a perennial top 10 team. If he is the defensive wizard everyone says, they should be getting better. They should at bare minimum be close to average. In a nutshell, I'm not impressed. Nor am I encouraged. It feels as though some dark days may be ahead of us. 

Offense

To their credit, the offense has looked better. And on a team lacking in bright spots, Eric Gray has certainly been one. He looks worlds better than he did last year. I'm not sure if this is scheme, or he's just figured it out but he's a nightmare in the open field and more than serviceable between the tackles. In turn, I am picking him as my OPG.

Defense

Just nobody even approaching decent here. 

Score

I know nothing about West Virginia, moreover I have no interest in learning about them. Sooners manage to do enough on defense to win. 41-35.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner 

No comments:

Post a Comment