Thursday, October 19, 2023

UCF

Welcome back Sooners fans. What a fun time that Red River game was. It's always sweet to beat texas, but those years where they are highly ranked and "back", and we are underdogs and coming off a sweet loss, those are special. And then you add in the unbelievable last minute comeback to really stick a knife in their balls, well, that's a level all it's own. Sooner Magic made an appearance for the first time in I don't know how long and man was it wonderful. The off week afterward made it really nice to savor. But, with all of those glad tidings there is still a lot of football left in the season. And if OU football has drilled anything into my brain, it's that we have an amazing track record of taking a dump in our own picnic basket once or twice a year. This team feels a little different than the ones of years past, but I'm still extremely cautiously optimistic at this point.

UCF comes to town for a game that would feel like a trap normally. It still does in some ways, but I think the week off was well timed in that it allowed us all to savor texas without it distracting from the next game. The extra week was a "let's get back to business" reset in my mind. For those keeping score at home, what I think means less than zero. UCF is 3-3 and I couldn't know less about them. I do feel like these Florida schools at minimum have some really talented athletes and probably a few misfits that didn't latch on to a bigger school for whatever reason. My point being, they likely have some decent talent. The kind of school that could connect enough plays to hang around against any school. OU needs to shut them down with defense early, and just play their game on O. 

Offense

To the idea of giving credit where due, Gabriel's game winning drive was pretty incredible. 75 yards with no timeouts in less than a minute to win the biggest rivalry game of the year is pretty fucking awesome. I still have my quibbles with him, and I'm still confident his lesser traits will be a meaningful (in the bad way) factor in a big game, but he did it when he needed to against UT. So, naturally, I'm staying away from him this week. He's lost his top target in Andrel Anthony (wow, that one really hurts) but I'm going to say Jalil Farooq steps up and is my OPG for the game.

Defense

Let's not go trying to reinvent the proverbial wheel here. Stutsman for President.

Score

This feels a bit like it will be a high scoring affair. The spread is -19.5 for OU at the time I'm writing this crap. I think OU comes out slow, maybe even goes down a score, but rights the ship and pulls out a win 41-21.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment