Saturday, November 26, 2011

Iowa State

Well, fuck. I don't have much other sentiment about the season at this point. OK, not true I have more. I will say this, I think I'm writing this piece with the least excitement I've had in the history of this blog. I feel like I've gone over it a thousand times, but I'm just tired of losing because of defense. Nothing is more frustrating as a fan. Losing 7-6 is better 100 times out of 100, I think. I truly think Venables sucks, I'm guessing that you know that if you read this ever. I've heard some talk of Mike Stoops coming back on. I'm not sure if that's a pipe-dream (probably), but Bobby hasn't exactly stomped the rumors out either so that makes me excited.

Anyway, last week we once again shit ourselves just when we were poised to get in the thick of the national title discussion. Those fuckholes in Stillwater didn't do us any favors the night before but it was all moot after our defense never got off the plane in Waco. Moving on, here comes an ISU team that I know little about. I think I heard their QB has only started a handful of games and is pretty green. However, I think they've done notably better since making the switch at QB. But it may not matter anyway, as we're just as likely to get beat by them as anyone else, we've proven that much this season. With that healthy dose of pessimism in mind, I'll counter with the fact that I think we'll win. If we manage to lose this one, I think this easily goes down as the most disappointing season of the Stoops era given the expectations and talent. Hell it might be anyway.

Offense

I'm not going to beat around said bush here, I'm going with Fuckin' Shitbag. He's hard. He's currently the best player on our offense, and I think he plays big today. Injuries have really taken their toll on both sides of the ball, but particularly offense. I think with so many people down, Lonnie has to find a new security blanket and who better than our most talented receiver who'll also be back next year.  Fuckin' Shitbag goes for 100+ and two touches today. That's right, two.

Defense

Over here, I picked Ronnell last week and he got hurt, so that sucks. It's senior day and I'm going with Old Steady today. I think he goes out in style his last home game. Big day, with 10+ tackles and a forced turnover of some sort. That's right, I'm thinking damn big on both sides of the ball. Fuck it.

I really do think this ISU team is pesky, and I think they'll hang around a bit. However, it is senior day and I think the boys are ready. I think we pound them as they day goes and all of a sudden the Cyclones look up and realize they're getting horsewhipped. I think that we punish them to the tune of 56-17. Now lets go out and look the team we were supposed to be and get tuned up for what will likely be the de facto conference championship next weekend.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment