Saturday, October 15, 2016

K State

Well, the Sooners pulled out another defensive abomination last week and it couldn't have come against a more choice opponent. As down as I am on the Sooners this year I always hate texas so much. It's a treat to beat their asses, even if the game is as ugly as a sweaty FUPA. OU has established that they have zero ability to stop anyone. Offenses lick their chops to "get right" against the Sooner D. My buddy Larry aptly named the Sooner D the Red Carpet because A) they get walked all over, B) they wear red, and C) they lead offenses directly to the end zone. So they shall henceforth be referenced as so.

I know very little about K State. My guess is they play sound fundamental football, are well coached, and probably have half of the talent that OU does. They will be hyped for this game because these days K State still sees OU as a power. And beating a national power can define a season where little else is on the line. It's always tough to win in Manhattan, and the Sooners will be in for a test today. Can the Sooners continue to win 5 point games where both teams break 40? Hopefully, because that is their only chance.

Offense

Samaje Perine looked like an animal last week. He's one of my favorite Sooners ever for a host of reasons, not the least of which is his penchant for destroying texas. But he got his ass worked off last week and I think there is a mild hangover this week. The emergence of Dede "The Secretary" Westbrook adds a wrinkle for possible OPG, but I still think the Sooner offense butters its bread in the backfield. After an off week where he played probably his worst game of 2016, Joe Mixon has a day today. I like him to go off this fine Saturday.

Defense

Still nothing.

Score

I tried swimming upstream last week with my patented "everyone thinks shootout so it will be low scoring" method. However, I forgot to carry the 4 and to factor in that OU has the defense from Little Giants this year. This will be no different. Snyder will go home happy that conservative power I handoffs, screens and 6 yard passes to the TE finally puts up 40+ points. I think OU will be out-coached in this one, but I also think the talent level discrepancy is just too far in the Sooners favor. Another ass-burner today, Sooners win 47-43.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment