Saturday, October 29, 2016

Kansas

Hello reader(s), today's post will be brief as I have family in town and little time to put into this. Plus, it's Kansas so at the risk of displaying my poor attitude toward the game, no one is going to be too fired up for this one. I'm guessing the stadium has some bare patches today. KU has never beaten OU in big 12 play, that's a long time. Allegedly they play better defense than in years past, but I don't really know. They're a basketball school that also has a football team, that's about the end of it.

OU really had the full "defense" on display last week. As Mitch astutely pointed out, Tech was a one dimensional team coming in, and OU made them record setters in that one dimension. Pretty shitty is about the most positive assessment I can make for the Red Carpet. Today should be a little more manageable, though I'm sure KU will have one of their best offensive days of the season.

Offense

You could have named 3 or 4 guys last week as an OPG pick and been right. I questioned whether Joe Mixon was ready to be "the guy" and carry a full load. He answered that with a resounding yes. What a game. I do think KU will be keying on him today, in spite of a balanced Sooner attack. I could easily take The Secretary, but instead I'm going with Baker today. I think KU tries to take the run game out of it as much as they can, and he goes off with a big day.

Defense

That was an embarrassment last week. Winning helps everything, but there is no way anyone can call that performance more than dog shit. Still waiting on someone to step up.

Score

As I mentioned, I think KU has one of their better performances of the year in this one offensively. But, I think they are really overmatched on the road against a talented Sooner offense and the home crowd. OU flies out early and this one isn't in doubt after half time. Sooners win 49-24.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment