Saturday, October 22, 2016

Texas Tech

Sorry about my missing last week. I was out in the woods outside of Davis, OK at Camp Classen. I was there for a father-son camping weekend. It was good times and thank you for asking. Cellular reception was spotty at best unfortunately. Why didn't I plan ahead for just such a contingency you might ask? I have a "day job" is one reason and I don't roll that way is another.

Anyways we won and from the highlights it appears Lincoln Riley is actively looking to find ways to exploit the speed of one Dede Westbrook. From the Hot Take Department, "The offense is better overall as a result." I have no idea what the defense looked like but the Sooners won in fairly convincing fashion and Mike Stoops is still frothing and spewing on his headset microphone so I assume it was a passable performance.

On now to Texas Tech and four hours of my wife openly lusting for more close-ups of Klifford K. Kingsbury. "He's an asshole" I say. "He looks like Ryan Gosling and Ryan Gosling is my Free Pass celeb". Oh. So I'll just empty this trash real quick while you mentally make a baby with him.

OFFENSE

I'd like to ride the hot hand here and say Dede is going to light it up again. But I like the Baker Mayfield against his old nemesis Klifford angle a bit more. So here's to BD Mayfield going over, around and through a prototypically weak Texas Tech D.

What's Perine's status any way? That information is better protected than any data point on the Interwebtubes.

DEFENSE

I didn't get to watch these guys last week but I'm not sure it matters. Patrick Mahomes is poised to give the Sooners fits. Lubbock is always a tough place for the Sooners to play. I don't feel good about it.

Who's giving a shit on this side of the ball for the Sooners? I'll pick that guy for DPOG.

SCORE

I hate to sound like a broken record but the potential for barn burners exists every game. The Sooners have to score 38 plus against everyone to have a chance for the D. It makes for good entertainment if you can keep your innards from spilling out on the floor from anxiety.

I'll say 52-35 Sooners

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment