Saturday, October 7, 2017

Oklahoma Sooners vs. Iowa State

The Sooners have gone to the Bill Belichick School of Motivation and are pulling out all the stops today for Iowa State. They've asked fans to candy stripe the stadium in red and white and they are wearing alternate uniforms.

Hey, whatever it takes to avoid a pitfall at this point. The Sooners are "In Control of Their Own Destiny" so why take chances? Apparently the Sooners haven't lost to the Cyclones in 38 years or something ridiculous. That's the kind of stat that makes me smear my britches.

OFFENSE

I mean no offense to Iowa State but that rumble the Sooners feel underneath their tires will be the ISU defense. This Sooner offensive juggernaut is really just too much for the Cyclones. I'm not just being an asshole. What are you supposed to do if you bottle up all those receivers and BD Mayfield finds Dimitri Flowers or just scrambles for a first down? It isn't fair really. And what does a defense do come the 4th quarter when Orlando Brown starts treating you like a steam roller on a street construction project?

This offense is fun to watch and I've tried to just ride the hot hand with my picks for OPOG. This week I'm going Ceedee Lamb. That dude is electric and I think with this 11am start time he'll be all Wakey Wakey Eggs and Bakey.

DEFENSE

No one could have used a bye week like these dudes. Most of the secondary and half the linebackers are "dinged up". Jordan Thomas will be back which is nice. Hopefully he's good and fired up after getting lit up like a Christmas tree against Baylor. 

I watched a little of the Iowa State - Texas game a week or two ago and this ISU QB is "Average at Beest". This bodes well. Parnell Motley, Esq. should have a field day.

For my DPOG I'll take Steven Parker Jr. He seems like a good Christian.

THE GAME

This one makes for a nice easy Saturday. It's an early start to a nice stress free Saturday. Enjoy the boys as they "TCB" and cruise to a comfortable victory. 

Sooners 49, Iowa State 14

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner




No comments:

Post a Comment