Saturday, October 28, 2017

Texas Tech

I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of this horrid defense. Each week it's the same frustrating scenarios, and boiled down it's the complete inability to stop any offense ever. The offense which is consistently solid and I'm convinced can score on any defense is going to ultimately be wasted by a defensive unit that is shit. Unless things get cleaned up on defense I don't think OU even wins the Big 12, let alone gets in the playoff.

I don't know much about Texas Tech and I'm not about to break precedent now and actually learn about the opponent. I imagine they pass it a lot, but have no clue who their QB is or if he's any good. I do know they played O-State pretty closely a couple of weeks ago. Suffice it to say, I think they'll put up some points against the Red Carpet (my nickname as well, incidentally).

Offense

Baker Mayfield

Defense...just kidding, but it really is that easy. The offense hasn't been quite as dominant lately and the recipe seems to be to sit back in a zone and make Mayfield scramble. Fortunately, he's pretty good at that, but the receivers do need to step up. With that in mind I'm going to go with Mark Andrews. He's the biggest mismatch out there and he's really been Mayfield's go to guy.

Defense

This is the unit single handedly responsible for taking the Sooners Boner Meter from Cold Steel to Flacid Frank. There is little more irritating in the sporting world than rooting for a team that cannot play defense. At. All. Poor tackling, guys out of position and a complete and total inability to make any adjustments. I'm not even talking about in-game adjustments, I mean week to week. It's the same shit repeatedly. I'm going with Parnell Motley because he's about the only guy worth a shit. However, that may be purely based on the fact that no one throws his way on account of gas rag manning the opposite side. Who knows?

Score

This feels like a track meet, and it probably will be to some extent. But, I feel like these games that feature two high powered offenses often fail to meet the hype. So I'll say it's low(ish) scoring by OU's standards, Sooners hang on again 30-27.


Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment