Saturday, November 9, 2019

Iowa State

I am writing this in an even more half-hearted fashion than usual. That K-State game was nightmarishly similar to a stoopsian effort. Almost immediately after I praised the defense, they came out and looked like absolutely putrid wet shit. It was the most infuriating performance of the Riley era, at least for me. I had to shut it off. And frankly, most of the air has gone out of the season, at least for me. There is no chance they pass a one-loss LSU or Alabama, or any SEC team for that matter. Truthfully, I don't think they should either. It's very depressing. On the plus side, I no longer half to worry about ponying up big dollars for a championship game in my home city.

Offense

I am going with CeeDee Lamb today. I don't have the energy to get into a lot of why's, and really I haven't given it much thought. But, Lamb has easily been the most consistent player on this offense, and so I will go with him.

Defense

I'm tempted not to pick anyone, but I will concede that one horrific performance has not caused my spirits to plummet that far yet. I will pick Neville Gallimore, aka Canadian Bacon. Mostly because I like that nickname.

Score

I think the spread is something like 14.5 with OU has favorites. ISU is pesky, and this game would've given me more anxiety than KState did last week. But I think after a (season ruining) wake up call, the Sooners are ready coming off a bye. OU wins it, 41-25.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment