Saturday, October 3, 2020

Iowa State

I’m still at a loss for last week’s game. My devotion to OU football has waned as I’ve gotten older. Of course I’m still a huge fan and make efforts to watch all of the games, but I don’t follow it like I did when I was in my 20s. But, games like that still infuriate me in the moment. At this point, you would think I’d be used to it as it’s happened every season for as long as I can remember. Nevertheless it still annoys the bloody hell out of me. On the plus side, now that the seats of the uniforms are fully shit stained, it makes the ensuing games less maddening. 


Offense


It was probably foolhardy to assume Rattler would just step in and win the heisman, but Riley has been a bit of a QB whisperer. But Rattler looked very unsure when up against the ropes in the second half. There is plenty of blame to be laid on the defense and special teams but sustaining even one drive down the stretch would’ve put that one away. I like a bounce back this week from Rattler and I’m going with him for my OPG. 


Defense


These assholes. I’ll go with no one until somebody looks remotely like they understand how to tackle. 


Score


I have no doubt Iowa state will play lights out. They must be tamping down boners right now at the thought of facing the OU D. But optimism gets the best of me and I like the Sooners to eke it out, 38-35. 


Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment