Saturday, September 17, 2022

Oklahoma Sooners vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Hi OH Sooner fans. It's another glorious football Saturday. Shit's getting real for the Sooners this week as they hit the road and take on a big name in the Nebraska Cornhuskers. I almost spit out my teeth when I read the news that the Huskers gave up 642 yards in a loss last week to Georgia goddang Southern. Not GeorgiaTech or plain ol' Georgia. Georgia Southern. That, my friends,  is a turd that cannot be polished and Scott Frost is now unemployed. 

Are the Sooners walking into a trap? Can the Huskers possibly re-compose in one weeks time and by sheer will  and the good Lord's blessing play well enough to beat a game Oklahoma football team?

No.

OFFENSE

The Sooners offense is still a work in progress. It would be a massive understatement to call most of their first half last week uninspired. I would love to blame the listless and spoiled home crowd for it.  One could even make the excuse that they might have been looking ahead to the Huskers. Fact is they're still looking for an identity. 

I think they want to be a punishing running team and they've been leading that effort with Eric Gray. Gray is good, averaging almost seven yards per carry, but Marcus Major is the way. Major is dorking people out of their shoes  and running through people if needs be. I think he's going to get more action today as he should. 

Dillon Gabriel has been great. I must admit I'm not blown away by anything he does so far but the fact that he's completing 70 percent of his passes and has zero turnovers is as good as you could hope for from him. Imagine when he has complete comfort in the offense. Methinks primetime tv against a big name team could do wonders for Gabriel's confidence if he can maintain his progress. Hopefully the Husker D is as shitty this week as last.

I'm going with Marcus Major this week for my OPOG. He earned more PT last week and he's too good to keep off the field. His success will make life too easy for DG and Marvin Mims et al. 

DEFENSE

I love the enthusiasm coming from these guys. They have been the backbone of the squad so far and that's exactly as it should be. They need to be steady today as the Huskers will no doubt be inspired by the coaching change. 

The simple key for the Sooners is getting off the field. They have to win the majority of third downs so they can stay fresh and drain the hearts of the Huskers.

I'll take Billy Bowman for my DPOG today. He has been in on a lot of tackles thus far. He's all over the field. It looks like he's got his sea legs under him and his confidence is growing game by game. Make the leap today, my guy. 

THE SCORE

I grew up with a couple of sisters whose family are die hard Huskers. I will never forget the shit they gave me in the 90's when it appeared OU football was in danger of being forever irrelevant. My how the tables have turned. Nebraska is sad. Scott Frost is the dead bounce after a 20 year free fall.

The Sooners show the world this today and they win big. 

Sooners 34 Huskers 13

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner 


No comments:

Post a Comment