Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kansas State


Another fall Saturday and another prime-time game awaits Sooner nation this fine September morn. The Sooners open the conference slate with a stiff test against the Wildcats from Kansas State. The purple nurple's boast a fine running quarterback and an even better christian in Colin Klein.  With Lonnie running our huddle I'm putting the over/under on prayer circles organized in this one at 5.5. I just hope that Jesus can get a sideline pass for this one so that the devout may revel in his glory as the feverishly point to the sky after each touchdown scored today.

The Sooners will test their mettle so-to-speak today, even though they've had one fairly tough test so far this one looks much harder. Kansas State is a typical Monty Burns Bill Snyder team in that they are pretty disciplined and don't fuck up too much. However I think their dicks have been kissed by the lips of the media a bit early and often thus far. Yes, they beat Miami, currently a name and not much more and a couple of patsies otherwise, including Missouri State University (go Bears?). However, they do have revenge on their minds as we dismantled them in front of friends and family last year.

Though they run the ball like crazy, and that includes their Q, I think they'll shake things up a little today. I predict they go to the air earlier than is typical for them and I think they'll burn us a bit early with it. I hope we can stay disciplined and adjust accordingly so that this early trend doesn't continue. Sadly, my biggest concern is that we won't be able to score. Playing at home helps immensely, and having two weeks to prepare has historically boded (a word?) well for Bob Stoops and his minions.

Offense

I'm extremely tempted to pick Damien Williams here. He's been nothing short of a total badass this year. So good in fact that I've nearly forgotten my man-crush from last season, Dom Whaley. However, I've got another feeling that I can't shake. I think Lonnie gets on the same page with his newest baby blanket, Kenny Fuckin' Shitbag Stills. I think Kenny has a really nice day with over 100 receiving and at least 1 touchdown. I like it. I like it very much.

Defense

Here, I'm not sure what to do. I want to say a DL, I really do. However, I just don't think that we'll hold up extremely well there against their O-line. With all of the running they do, I think I'm going to go Corey Nelson. I feel like this guy has underachieved a bit so far. Today, I think he steps up and makes some big tackles and forces at least one TO. I hope I'm right. Oh how I hope I'm right.

I'm nervous in this one. I've got somewhat of a bad feeling here. I think we get in a hole early, and I think their defense will make it tough to crawl back. That said, I think we will. We've had two weeks to get ready. We're playing at home. We historically have matched up well with teams that play this style of offense. I think the Sooner rally in the second half and pull out the victory with 31-24 win. Let's get these motherfuckers.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment