Saturday, September 8, 2012

Florida A and M

Here we go Sooner fans, another game to start our home football season. After a lackluster debut against a pretty bad team, the Sooners look to right the ship and dominate a presumably bad Florida A and M team. It may be a good sign that the Oklahoman's biggest piece on these guys centered around their marching band, but then they employ Berry "I dress like an 80's talk show guest" Trammel, so maybe that was the "angle" he thought would sell some newspapers. Whatever it is they aren't that great to begin with and in following the OU lead, managed to get several of their players suspended for the game.

Like the UTEP game, I've done very little to learn of Florida A and M. I have no idea what type of offense they run, what type of defense they run, or what players are key to their success. Again like the UTEP game, it really shouldn't matter. We should have our way with them. However, if this game is tied in the 4th quarter again, I may go "chimp" and throw my own poo at the TV. Oh wait, never mind this won't be broadcast here in the NYC. My TV is safe...for now.

The Sooners got some good news this week when the return of Casey Walker was announced. My understanding is that he won't play today but is hopeful for the K-State game in two weeks. I'm just glad he's practicing again. It's likely we'll be able to handle today without him, but we sorely need his depth on the D-line if we hope to do anything worthwhile in conference play. Also, barring a last minute change we should see the debut of Geneo Grissom today as well since his suspension was of the one-game variety. Hopefully that makes a difference in what was a subpar OU passing game last week.

Offense

I have to admit, as I alluded to briefly earlier this week, I really liked that Kenny Fuckin Shitbag Stills stepped up last week. I think he's more comfortable in the slot and the position suits him well. He was clearly Lonnie's "go-to" guy. In fact Lonnie is already in danger of developing the same tunnel vision with Stills that he had with Broyles. I don't care much for this plan of attack, but if we move the ball like we have in the past I won't complain. Now that I've said all of that I'm picking Dom Whaley again. He looked good last week I thought, but with little to work with in terms of places to run so the numbers were down. I think the line actually opens some holes for him today and he responds with 100+ and a touch.

Defense

Here I'm not sure what to do. I don't know enough about what they do to make a very good pick I don't think, so I'm just going to go with the old gut. I think David King has a really nice day today. I know he's more end than DT but I still see him being a force. I think he disrupts their offensive front all afternoon and maybe even tallies a sack. Let's be honest, he's the best guy we've got up front and I think he takes it personally that they got ran over last week.

Score

Last week I made the mistake of getting caught up in all of the hype and excitement of a new season and grossly over-estimated the score. I don't think anyone thought it would be close but I also don't think anyone would necessarily guess a shutout. Last season whenever we would wet fart on ourselves in a game, we would come back the next week and look like world-beaters. I certainly hope this doesn't become a pattern again this season, but I think for today that the motivation of last week plus the fact that it's our first home game puts Florida A and M in for a world of shit. I think Mikey has the D ready as I'm sure his jaws are woefully sore from chewing ass all week. I think the Sooners get it going a little and hammer them 41-7.

I certainly hope I'm right, because laying another turd will shape this up to be an awfully long season.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment