Saturday, October 6, 2012

OU vs. Texas Tech

I'm skeered. I am Chicken Little to my rotten core this week. The Sooners are pretty much terrible in Lubbock. The Red Raiders went to work in Norman last year. Obviously the Sooners got exposed last week. So on and so forth.

(Mumbling to myself: I will believe that nothing carries over week to week. Years past do not matter. Revenge has nothing to do with anything and Saturday is a new day.)

There truly is very little on paper to lead a Sooner fan to believe that victory is in sight. The Red Raiders are one of a handful of teams in the country who rank in the top 10 both offensively and defensively. Tech has had success through the air and on the ground as well. I predict the Sooners call a defensive timeout during the first series.

The Sooners, on the other hand, were their own worst nightmare against K-State. One can only hope they value the football on the road. With any luck Landry's obilgatory INT will come early, be on a deep toss on 3rd down (essentially making it a punt) and Tech goes three and out.

OFFENSE

This offense isn't exactly anemic. Take away the turnovers and there were some positives against K-State. Sterling Shepard "arrived" for instance. So let's put all that crap behind us and choose an Offensive POG from one of the following athletes. Dom Whaley (solid but underwhelming so far - due for a breakout?), DD Williams (possible home run with any touch), Kenny Fuckin Shitbag (Gets his hands on a lot of balls), Justin Brown (Just been delightfully good) and Sterling Shepard (See: "Arrived").

I'll mention Roy Finch for fun just once, the same number of times Toby Rowland probably will. He averages 10 yards per carry if you're keeping score at home.

I'm going with Justin Brown. I've just been real impressed by this youth thus far and I think he's ready to go beyond solid to making some game changing plays.

DEFENSE

According to my crack statistician, Gene Morgan, the Sooners have force one turnover so far. Not exactly the ball hawks we all looked forward to. This unexpected turn also makes selecting a Defensive POG something akin to throwing darts.

In that vein I can only choose by process of elimination. I probably can't pick an interior lineman. Tom Wort made me look like an asshole when I picked him for K-State. Nobody has exactly looked like a man amongst boys.

I guess I'll say Aaron Colvin just for grins. I mean, what the hell?

THE SCORE

In spite of my fear and doom and gloom I do realize that someone needs to knock the smirk of Tommy Tuberville's face. He's so smug. I think he feels like he's playing chess vs. checkers having come from the SEC. Screw him.

If anyone should do it it should be our Sooners, damnit. And they will do it. The defense plays just well enough and the offense exposes a defense that's played nobody.

Sooners 31, Texas Tech 27

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner




No comments:

Post a Comment