Thursday, November 3, 2016

ISU

The Sooners, fresh off a dominating performance against KU, roll up to Ames on a short week to take on a scrappy Iowa State team. The Red Carpet actually put together some stops last week and looked something like a defense. Normally I'd temper all excitement with some shots at KU, but this defense is so abysmal any victory is huge. Let's hope something is starting to work, but not hold our breath while doing so.

OU, once an embarrassment of talent in the backfield are now without an injured Perine and a suspended Joe Mixon. The suspensions are just as much of a part of the Stoops clown show as the big stage embarrassments and non-adjustments. I don't have much else to say about it. Hopefully someone else can step up, but Mixon and his all-around production will be hard to replace.

Offense

With hardly anyone in the backfield, the choices for OPG are narrowing by the minute. I'd love to go against the grain somewhat and say Mark Andrews, he's due to break out (a sentence I feel I've been repeating since last year), but I am going with The Secretary. It's almost dumb to pick Dede and not Mayfield, but I'm doing it because I envision some nice plays after the catch.

Defense

Well, as promised they finally played like a team. I still don't think there is anyone over here who is worth DPG, but I'm going with Steven Parker tonight. I think he plays well. This could go back to nobody next week.

Score

This feels like a let down to me. Not that I expect anyone was overly fired up to play/beat KU, but they dominated. It's just the type of win that gets the Stoop boys overconfident and going through the motions. Couple that with a missing Mixon and Perine, a road game against a team/school who still gets fired up to play OU, and a short week and this looks like a recipe for a loss. In the upset special, I think Iowa State wins it 31-27. Man, I hope I'm wrong.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment