Saturday, November 19, 2016

WVU Mountaineers

OU avoided a trap game last Thursday in a classic, what-the-hell-happened? game that has bitten the Sooners in the past. A cupcake sandwiched between two good teams, on the road, and on a short week no less, but OU was able to find enough to beat a sorely overmatched ISU team. Now, it's on to Morgantown to take on a tough WVU club that has only lost one. 

This will be a tough road game to be sure, WVU can score, and if you have watched as much as 30 seconds of Sooner football this year, we don't care much for preventing that. I know, I know, They haven't played anybody... (inferior intelligence voice), and they haven't, that's true. I'd argue we haven't either besides Ohio State and maaaaaybe Houston and...so... This looks like it might be Texas Tech 2: The Red Carpet Returns. Let's suffice to say that between the Ruf Neks and that buckskin brawler, they'll need enough ammo to stage an Alamo reenactment. 

Offense

This is the fun part of the picks category. One where there are, you know, viable optionS. I like Mixon. I like Perine. I like Mayfield and of course I like The Secretary. I think all will play very respectable games that in any other context would be gimmes for this "award". But, I'm picking Perine in this one. I think that at some point ball control will play a factor (reader: knowing laugh/pitiful head shake) and that's our guy for hitting you in the mouth and picking up first downs. Give me Samaje!

Defense

Whew, I tried, I really did. But there just isn't anyone. It's a terrible D, and it's not just one or two weak spots or key players. It's a rotating cast of missed assignments, shitty tackling and general buffoonery. No one is exempt. So, I can't do it. I'd mention how badly we'll miss Charles Walker but he hasn't really played all year anyway. Best of luck to him.

Score

As much as people want to say this has national title implications, the chances of that are pretty absurd. It does however have conference title implications. And as sure as Stoops can't beat anyone on the national stage, he can win conference championships. Sooners take this one in another laugher (for the wrong reasons) 55-49.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment