Saturday, November 30, 2019

Bedlam

Both Nate and Mark Schlegel have told me separately that, "This team just isn't that good". They are right. They manage to survive in a world of survive and advance but they do so by playing to the level of the competition and consistently being their own worst nightmare. Today it's Bedlam in Stoolwater, a place where season's go to get spoiled.

Will it happen today?

OFFENSE

Well, I've come to the conclusion that Jalen Hurts is the football version of Russell Westbrook. He's a ball hog. He manages to be both hero and goat mostly because he dominates the ball. You live (and win) with him but god damn can he frustrate.

I'm frankly over him. He's dragging the offense with an inability to share the ball. There are weapons three deep at every position. And yet they run this RPO which is more of a RRO which is more of a Jalen-O. I'm also tired of his "post-game workout I piss excellence" shtick. Quit fumbling the fucking football.

Today he needs to (in this order) hang on to the ball when he runs, make a read or two, get rid of the ball quickly and spread the love. He needs to have zero turnovers but he damn sure better not have more than one and that better be an interception.

In spite of my gripes I am picking Hurts to be my OPOG. It's begrudging but he really needs to have his shit together today.

DEFENSE

This group seems to be playing pretty well again. They've been handed some shit sandwich situations and mostly acquitted themselves well. My nightmare is that Chuba Hubbard runs for 275 yards on 25 carries or some shit and The Mullet calls the kind of pass game to give whoever their shit brick QB is the easiest time possible.

The Sooners have to get off the field and they need to be seriously aggressive on third down. If they can bottle up Hubbard on first and second down and get the Cowboys in third and long maybe they can get their QB to shit down his trouser legs a few times.

This group also has a penchant for making a big play when they have to. They will need to again today because, again, my faith in Jalen Hurts not doing something inexcusably bone-headed is shaken to the core.

For my DPOG I'm going Kenneth Michael Murray. He needs to play smart in his gap assignments and not overrun everything. If he can do that and he can get about 10-15 tackles I think that's a great sign for the Sooners.

THE SCORE

It's going to be close and it could be ugly. It might be like a couple of prize fighters just throwing haymakers at each other. I do not believe, like the Oklahoman, that this will be low scoring. I expect a lot of big plays for both teams.

I do like the Sooners though surprise surprise.

Sooners 38, Cowboys 35

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment