Saturday, November 23, 2019

TCU

What a finish last week. It was a roller coaster of emotions for me, specifically rage followed by disbelief. Nonetheless, they did what they couldn't do vs Kstate and I'll take that. Realistically, the Sooners likely are eliminated from the playoff at this point, but winning out is they only way they even remain in the conversation, so let's hope they can keep it going today vs TCU. It's a down year for the horned frogs, which I'm basing entirely on record. I've not seen as much as one second of Horned Frog football this year, and in keeping with my form, I know nothing about them whatsoever. Moreover, I'm not bothering to find out. On to the picks!

Offense

It was remarkable to see how different the offense was without CeeDee Lamb. Credit Baylor, they have a very solid defense that is bent on not allowing any homer plays. But also credit OU, after struggling in the first half (turnovers killed them), they adapted their game. In keeping with the baseball analogy, it was impressive to see them turn into a singles hitting team that methodically moved the ball down the field. It was also refreshing to see them keep their own defense on the sideline where they are unquestionably more effective. Today I'm outthinking myself again (and because I don't know if Lamb is playing, and I'm not bothering to find out) and going with Kennedy Brooks.

Defense

The final numbers against Baylor didn't look as horrid as they could have, mostly because Baylor had the ball for 46 seconds in the second half. The D did finally force turnovers (multiple!), which is the only reason they were able to come back. Make no mistake though, aside from that, they were garbage yet again. I'm going with Canadian Bacon, Neville Gallimore today.

Score

TCU comes in as 18 point dogs, I like the oddsmakers optimism but I, naturally, don't share it. Primarily, this is because the defense is ass. I think OU wins it, but 41-31. Keep it going.

Boomer to the Motherfuckin Sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment