Saturday, November 9, 2019

Oklahoma Sooners versus Iowa State

Well blurg derp derp double farts. The Sooners had it all out there in front of them. Now it's back to familiar territory where every game is must win and you'll also need some help. In any case it's on to Iowa State.

OFFENSE

Lincoln Riley can say that he's not concerned that Kansas State showed the world the blueprint for slowing down the Sooners and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he himself can adjust. But Iowa State boasts a defensive guru head coach who I'm sure was happy for the help.

I hate to have the coolest of takes here but the Sooners are going to need to run the ball better and more. Six rushes last week makes no sense. If there's ever a knock on the offense it would be that sometimes the balance gets away from him in difficult situations.

So, today the Sooners need to stick with their game plan whatever it may be and just be cognizant of what they need to do to get first downs. Maybe work some swing passes into the mix. Those are effectively runs and can get Kennedy Brooks out into some space.

Today I'll pick Brooks for my OPOG.

DEFENSE

I only got to see one half of the game last week. So I'm not entirely sure how things looked. The Iowa State offense is more or less the same level of dynamism. Today we'll learn if last week was an aberration or not. If it is, the playoff is still an option. If today is rough with no turnovers it's eek city.

I've been shitting on Pat Fields all season so today I'll try to reverse jinx him.

THE SCORE

I like the Sooners here 38-21. The defense buttons it up and the offense stays on the field.

Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment