Saturday, October 24, 2020

TCU

The Sooners, in spite of themselves, managed to beat texas two weeks ago in an epic Red River for the ages. Even though the Sooners escaped in over time, it should have never even gotten past regulation. Spencer Rattler looked like garbage in the first half, even getting benched for an even worse Tanner Mordecai. Thankfully, when Rattler came back he looked a little more willing to take what the defense was giving and not sitting in the pocket for four hours. Hopefully that carries over for the rest of the season, because the defense is absolute shit. On the plus side, we don't have to ever see Sam Ehlinger again or hear any more about how great he is. TCU is on the slate today and it wouldn't surprise me if OU won or lost by 30. I really have no idea what to expect. On to the picks...

Offense

I pulled off one of my patented moves against texas by selecting a player that did not suit up for the game. I can't remember the last season where I didn't do that at least once. Today I'm hoping to not keep that streak going, but am unwilling to do a brief google search to ensure I don't. I just can't pick Rattler, I hope he has a great game of course, but his turnovers are horrendous and all too frequent. And, while I know picking WR is somewhat predicated on Rattler playing well, I'm still going with Mims on the outside today. He's looking like he's ready to break out, and hopefully today is the day.

Defense

I still can't pick anything here. It's too awful. Alex Grinch should be publicly horse whipped for continuing to play Pat Fields. The Sooners could suit up a scarecrow at Safety and theoretically improve, simply based on the fact that the scarecrow wouldn't commit PI on every 3rd and forever. 


Score

As I said before, this could really go any number of ways and I wouldn't be shocked. But I'm going be optimistic that with two weeks to prepare, the Sooners will be ready. I like the Sooners to win it today 31-27.


Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment