Saturday, October 31, 2020

Texas Tech

 Signing in to put up a piece of trash on halloween as the Sooners prepare to play Texas Tech tonight. I would say that last week OU put together their most complete game of the season. They poured it on early, got a lead and managed to not piss it away late. It was enjoyable football. I read today that Rambo and Turner-Yell will be out due to Covid. The former I think we can hide fairly well, but losing anyone resembling a competent defender could be devastating to an already horrendous unit. Nevertheless, play they will and hopefully they can cobble together a win.

Offense

Rattler has looked steadily better since his benching earlier this year. He's more content to "take what they give him" instead of trying to hit a home run every play. In my (meaningless and woefully uninformed) opinion, he could tuck it and run a little earlier but he's still doing a nice job. I will go with him today to have a nice night under the primetime lights. Which essentially means he'll throw 4 picks.

Defense

Though the D definitely looked better last week, it's important to note that better is a relative term and certainly not a synonym of good and/or competent. Still not picking anyone here.

Score

I know nothing of Texas Tech. I'm sure they are talented in spots and not-so-much-so in others. In other words, typical Tech. I imagine the Sooner D will regress somewhat from passable last week as consistent improvement isn't really their "thing". I'll guess OU wins a close one that shouldn't be close at all. Sooners take 38-33.


Boomer to the Motherfuckin' Sooner

No comments:

Post a Comment