Saturday, October 3, 2020

Oklahoma Sooners versus Iowa State

Quick post today, my friends, because, like the Sooners against K-State, I too can bail on quality work before the game or season is over.

Why the hell is there a culture of ineptitude on defense? How can you roll over both player and coach personnel and still continue to have a culture that allows big plays at bad times and is always awful at tackling in space?

I'll give a pass to the offense because Spencer Rattler was making his second career meaningful start and is not accustomed to playing with his back against the wall. For him, it was a good learning experience. You look at the last three QB's and all were seasoned before they stepped foot on campus. But this defense, my God. They had an opportunity to take a step forward, to bail out the offense and to secure a game at home. Instead, they shit down their trouser leg and take three steps back. Maddening.

OFFENSE

Today the Sooners need to demonstrate a killer instinct and cannot under any circumstance take their foot off the gas. Spencer Rattler has to take a step forward and learn from last week's interceptions. He can't cram the ball into double coverage. There is no need. He doesn't need to play hero ball with his arm. For my OPOG I'm going Austin Stogner. He seems like a security blanket that Rattler can check down to instead of forcing something downfield. 

DEFENSE

Christ Almighty these guys. I guess the bar is so low here that I'd be satisfied if we can not allow a former walk on linebacker cum quarterback to turn in a Heisman worthy performance. Is that too much to ask? I fear it may be.

Look, I have to go to soonersports.com every week just to scroll through the roster to find someone to pick on this side of the ball and I've been doing that shit for about six years. I'm tired of it. I'm not picking a DPOG today and maybe not for a while until some one, any one, can start turning in a consistent enough quality performance such that I can remember their name from television from week to week. The whole defense can be DPOG by not stepping on their own dicks and maybe forcing a turnover. For real this is bullshit.

SCORE

You know Iowa State is going to play hard just like K-State and that they're well coached and that the Sooners have a preternatural knack for playing to the level of their opponent. So of course you should expect this to be closer than it ought to be. I'll say Sooners 35 and Iowa State 34.


Boomer to the motherfuckin Sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment